Positions Location: Ionia, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Directs and administers the housekeeping and linen programs to maintain the environment in a sanitary, attractive and orderly condition.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Responsible for initiating, planning and establishing policies for the housekeeping and laundry departments.
- Maintains required records, reports, statistics, etc.
- Maintains adequate quantity of essential operating supplies and equipment.
- Plans work schedules and assigns hours and areas of work to insure adequate services for all areas of the hospital.
- Establishes standards and work procedures for the housekeeping staff in accordance with the established policies of the hospital.
- Interview, select, hire, evaluate and terminate personnel.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of the hospital.
- Provide direction, on-the-training and continued guidance to the caregiver.
- Responsible to see that all work assignments are carried out properly, safely and completely within the allotted time schedule set by the director.
- Assure the quantity and quality of work meets all standards'
- Create an atmosphere that supports and encourages high performance, teamwork and continued improvement.
- Aid in performing some caregiver duties as occasion may require.
- On a daily basis, makes walking rounds in all work areas to maintain contact with customers and caregivers to promote teamwork within the department.
- Establishes and manages an annual department budget.
|Work Experience||Minimum of two years of managerial experience at the supervisor level|
|Education||HS Diploma or G.E.D|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||Demonstrated written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Planning, organizing and effective time management skills. General management skills/service orientation. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels of caregivers, work orientation consistent with Sparrow values, and demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve problems. Knowledge of JCAHO, HFAP (AOA), Public Health, Waste Management and OSHA regulations preferred|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
|Degree Type / Education Level||High School / GED|
|Facility||Sparrow Ionia Hospital|
|Experience Level||New Grad|