Positions Location: Ionia, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients in Perioperative Departments. Accepts responsibility for the direction of co-workers in the implementation of the nursing care plan to maximize patient outcomes.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Independently implements the nursing process with patients/clients in the Peri-Operative including carrying out physicians orders regarding diet, medication and treatment.
- Performs assessments, changes dressings, monitor and ensures patient safety and quality care through performance improvement activities that demonstrate positive outcomes.
- Reports on physiological and mental health status of patients/clients.
- Documents nursing interventions on medical records.
- Distributes and maintains records of controlled drugs and insures their security.
- Maintains records and makes reports.
- Makes decisions in routine cases.
- Responds to emergencies; maintains medications and supplies.
- Delegates, directs, and supervises implementation of care plan to LPN, PCT, CENA, or other health care workers.
- Supports the development of self and other associates through mentoring, preceptorship, and peer review.
- Accountable for professional development.
- Educates patients/families regarding treatment, nursing plans and related patient/client care issues
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of Peri-Operative equipment and supplies to deliver the highest quality of patient care.
- May participate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of patients/clients treatments or health/mental health care plans.
- Required to take additional on-call hours to meet department needs
|General Requirements||Currently Licensed with the State of Michigan to practice as a Registered Nurse Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Current ACLS Certification preferred|
|Work Experience||Minimum of 1 year critical care nursing preferred|
|Education||Graduate of an accredited nursing program.|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, other department and hospital staff. Basic computer knowledge preferred|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
|Degree Type / Education Level||Associate|
|Facility||Sparrow Ionia Hospital|
|Experience Level||Under 4 Years|